COVID Assistance Program
Thanks to a generous emergency grant from the Greater Washington Community Foundation, BEST Kids is please to offer financial relief support to our families impacted by COVID-19. Eligible families will receive up to $200 per youth/child currently enrolled in our mentoring program. Please check the eligibility requirements below and start the quick and easy application process if you feel you qualify.
- This program is only available for families of youth who no longer have open child welfare cases.
- Funds will be provided for each youth currently enrolled in our program, even if they currently do not have a mentor.
- Families must commit to spend funds on one or more of the following expenses
- Utilities including Telephone, Internet, Water, Electricity
- Child Care
- Physical and Mental Health Services
- Educational Support including camp, tutoring, etc.
Once an application is approved, BEST Kids will issue a one-time payment according to the preferences stated on the application. We can make payments via a mailed check, PayPal, Venmo, or CashApp but payments can only be made to accounts in the name of the caregiver or mentee.
If you have any questions, please contact your Mentoring Support Specialist directly or our Program Director, Andy Miller, at 202-554-0545.